6-12-11: Sunday

Well, today was the final hoorah, the big finale, the end of a great thing. Or was it only just the beginning? Coming into this trip I thought that we would be learning about business and economics in China. Little did I know that it would turn into so much more than that. I learned about the history of one of the most ancient countries of the world, the way their people act and why they do, made many friends with people from here and the US, and shared lots of memories along the way. I would normally use this blog to recap the day and a lesson learned, but this time is different. I am truly going to miss this place. Every city that we visited touched me in some way or another. They are all completely different places with totally different atmospheres. I can only hope that I can come back here in the future to see what else has changed. Seeing how rapidly Shanghai changed through the photos at the pearl got me thinking about Tianjin and how they are in the process of doing the same exact thing there. Personally, I think that Beijing is perfect with its rich history and hope that it never changes. I am really excited to see what Tianjin will look like in 5 years, simply because in talking to the students, it looks nothing now like it did 5 years ago. Shanghai is sort of like all of the big US cities wrapped up into one. You have the financial scene of NYC, the wealth of Hollywood, and the fun of Miami Beach all in one. Good God am I going to miss this place like crazy. But for now, all I can say is zi gee¡¯en China. It has been real.