Bike Riding

I have really wanted to go bike riding ever since I got to China. I have a bike at home that I use sometimes and I thought it would be interesting to compare the differences between American and Chinese bikes. Almost every Chinese person has a bike and uses it on a daily basis. To rent a bike from our hotel, it would be 400 yuan (about $70). Either the lady didn't understand my question or it is really expensive to rent a bike. Some of us decided to ask the Chinese students if they would take us for a bike ride and borrow their friends' bikes. Jewel, Chong, and Yanku were kind enough to take myself, Zach, Ross, and Ryan for a bike ride today. It was really entertaining to see us all struggle as we first got on our bikes. Some of the bikes were too small for the guys but they got use to it. We biked through the Nankai and Tianjin campuses. We got to the end of the campus and we were all scared to venture onto the main rode where the traffic is a lot busier. There were a few times on the main road that I thought I was going to get hit by a car or another biker, but none of us ever got hit. The buildings were really pretty to see at night and the weather was perfect. After awhile we decided to turn around and head back to the campus. The main differences I noticed in this bike was that the breaks barely worked and the seat was not comfortable at all. It was a really fun experience and I am grateful that the Chinese students have been so kind and sharing with us our entire time here.