Day One in Beijing

Day One: Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Acrobat Show, Lunch at someone's home, and dinner at large restaurant.
-Waking up this morning was different. I did not have a clock and there are no clocks in the hotel room. I was nervous that I was sleeping in so I turned on the television to try to find a news station to check the time. All of the news was obviously in Chinese and I didn't find anything with the time, down in the bottom corner. I was so worried to over sleep I went downstairs to the front lobby in my pajamas to check the clock, that I remembered seeing the night before. We went to bed around 1:30 and it was 5:15. The same doorman was still on duty. He probably thought this little crazy America was already lost after only being in China for 4 hours. Needless to say not having a cellphone put a damper on my normal routine right away.
Overall, the first day was amazing! I cannot believe how much we fit into our schedule and everything was we did was so special. We honestly couldn't have started the trip off in a better way.