Last Day of Class

Today was a bittersweet day for many of us UMD students; it was the last day of attending Nankai University. I'm sure many of us were glad to not think about class anymore, but we were all bummed that we wouldn't be able to continue meeting professors, attending class with the Chinese students, and learning about business in China in general. Throughout the past two weeks in Tianjin, I am so thankful to attend such a wonderful business school. I have learned the basics of business in China and how to move forward with my plans of working here eventually. I have learned more than I could have ever asked for about the culture here, and especially the people. One thing I've learned about Chinese students is how extra studious they are. Many of the students at Nankai are taking 24+ credits a semester and there is barely any time for a social life. Regardless of the different lifestyles the Chinese students live compared to us UMD students, we are still similar in many ways like our openness to each other. I am so glad to be able to learn so much more than just business in China during my stay in Tianjin.