Shanghai Zoo

Today we went the Shanghai Zoo and I was more than excited to see what I have been waiting to see in China a panda bear! I didn't only get to see one panda but I got to see four! I was very excited when I found out that Shanghai had a zoo with pandas in it! Whenever I go to a big city I like to go to the zoo! I love animals so I have always liked going to the zoo. When I was younger I'm pretty sure I went to the San Diego zoo and saw a panda but all I remember was seeing killer whales and dolphins. Although I was most excited about the pandas, I was also very impressed with the overall zoo. They had a variety of animals ranging from African animals like elephants, giraffes and zebras to wild horses, snakes, and flamingos. For most the exhibits there were multiple animals which I think is always a good thing in zoos. Also they exhibits gave the animals a lot of room which I didn't expect because the city is so overpopulated, I thought maybe they just wouldn't have that kind of space for zoos in China. In the United States I know that most zoos try to preserve the natural habitat that the animals would live in to make it as real as possible, I wasn't sure if that did that in Asia but from visiting the Shanghai Zoo I would say that they do.