Silk Factory

Today we went to the silk factory in Suzhou. It was very interesting to learn about how the silk was made from start to finish. I had never really thought of where silk came from and was very surprised when I learned that there was such a thing as a silk worm. The whole process starts with the silk worm which later makes a silk cocoon. After the cocoon is ready it is brought to the factory and attached to a spindle machine that is operated by a worker. After seeing how the whole process worked we got to watch a fashion show and do some silk shopping. I found a coat that was one of the sickest coats I have ever seen but it cost 1000 rmb which was a little out of my price range. I also really wanted to get some silk bed sheets but they were too expensive. I ended up leaving the silk factory without making any purchases because I wanted to save my money for Shanghai.