suzhou

Today we explored the city of Suzhou and went on an awesome boat ride. The first thing I thought of when we arrived to the dock was Venice, Italy. I have never been there but from what I have seen from movies and the television; Suzhou was very similar in certain ways. When we got on the boat we drove on a narrow channel through the city. It was very beautiful, all the buildings were lit up and we got to see a bunch of other boats. I was very surprised to see that many of the buildings around us which were right on the water were people's homes. Life in Suzhou, to me seemed a lot different from life in the other cities we visited in China. We also visited a garden which was very interesting and beautiful. I had never seen anything even comparable to this back in the United States. Suzhou was amazing and probably the most beautiful place we have visited so far. I would have loved to spend more time there but I was very anxious to get to Shanghai so I didn't mind.