textingdiagram_rough

texting_map.jpg

I realize there is a lot going on, I am trying to balance design with the information, any ideas are welcomed!

Hey Kendall,

Your image looks great, and this looks like one of the best projects from the class. I'm really excited to see the final outcome.

A couple of notes (If you want them...):

Watch your resolution. I can see pixelation on your squares and on some of your circles. If you'd like to make sure you get clean edges, you "smart shapes" instead of making a box and filling it with the paint bucket on photoshop.

Use your type approprately: treat words during this project as precious. Avoid using unnecessary words and try to use shortened versions and simple language; think of your audience as a 14 year old girl, and image maintaining her attention. You've also set up an awesome opportunity to use some of the "lingo" of text messaging as a humorous aspect. Try throwing in some LOL and acronyms to reflect your content.

Create a better separation between your two contrasting data points. Visually, it's chaotic if you don't separate them more with white space. Build off the edges of your paper in a dynamic way, and leave the white space in the center instead of around the edges.

Over all, nice work. Please let me know if you ever need a second opinion.

D. Rhodes

This page contains a single entry by Kendall published on October 14, 2009 12:07 PM.

was the previous entry in this blog.

textingdiagram_rough is the next entry in this blog.