Recently in visual research Category

mood/color association

I found that color is an important association made when I was reflecting on my paintings, on how i felt before, during and after my physical activity.
I not only looked at the color, but brush stroke, as well as what was painted.

from color lab:
-it has options on warm, cool and neutral colors.

from colormatters:
-interesting because color may cause a deeper level of meaning in your mind
so unconsciously you may associate a color with a cultural meaning, or even with another brand that uses a similar color. 

inspiration

design/illustration/advertising.
inspiration none the less...

this agency is listed on debutart.com..

agency out of Washington, they have a great website, and wide range of clients too..

interesting article

when bad things happen to good logos

I came across this article and found it interesting, it even mentions that horrible youth commission logo for the Catholic Church..

change of typeface

iafter some critique on my type choices I am steering away from Optima as a type choice for the farm logo, which will say grow local.
Optima being too Roman and formal..I am in search of a good mix of playful yet sophisticated. 

options
Gill Sans
Asenine super thin
arial rounded

more to come..
I want to play with more type styles and put them with my logo
(I may take a typestyle that is a little more formal and make it a little more playful by hand)

AIGA 365: Design in 2009

Not really having complete relevance to this project, but inspiration non the less..
in section 5 is the promotional design and advertising, which applies to this project.

some really good work

thinking typography

from typographyserved.com:
some of my favorites.
fry fonts - I like the playfulness of this font, might work well for my small family farm logotype.
luco sans - I really like the number on this font
and this one just made me laugh..

logo identity

Noteworthy identity work listed by year and company:
http://www.identityworks.com/reviews/index.htm
-most interesting to me was the 'noted' tab and shows redos of old logos from companies like:
    -merrill lynch
    -pfizer
    -sci fi
    -packard bell

f-secure_logo_detail.gif
an example of a logo redesign and why:
http://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/eff_you_viruses.php
-I really liked the soft ribbon-like feel, the 3d feel is really cool. I might try to integrate this into my logo for small family farm-a modern, forward-thinking (as quoted from F-secure) is my goal, I want the family farm to be reinvented and perceptions to change that natural,local food is healthy and modern

more from dropular

bankruptcies_inhistory.jpg
Hierarchy is achieved through size of ships. A good play on the word "bankruptcy" and "sinking of the ship"
-didn't realize until after looking at this for a little while that the top of the ships are on a graphing system as well

consumers.jpg
Talking about consumers habits and how they spend their money, broken into categories

A lot of information condensed
use of symbols for each category with color

inspiration

dominoeffect.png
found this on dropular.com (really cool site!)
-shows the phenomenon of the domino effect, how information is passed from person to person.
-I especially like the "logo" at the bottom right that integrates the faces with the title. Easily readable because of the two colors correlate with the faces made. :) or :(
-I am thinking of using faces in my piece and comparing how many symbols I use in my texts/month compared to the national average and use of the faces symbol.
It is also readable because the text is pulled off to the side and separate from the image-something i am also going to try and do in my info graphics piece.

info_design_b.jpg

This page is an archive of recent entries in the visual research category.

process is the previous category.