« Blog assignment | Main

Reshuffled

Well time to reshuffle this assignment. Let’s do this as an informal blog going over the magical adventure of my story. So there I was on the bus when I was able to strike up a conversation with a female which magically landed on the topic of her now voting. She mentioned, quite passionately that she wasn’t too happy about the housing issues going around and that now, for the first time, she actually cared about voting. The light bulb in my head immediately turned on and I started asking her questions. She said that she and her roommate would talk to me. BAM! There’s an interview set up. During the interview, the two ladies explained to me how they never gave a rip about politics in Duluth. But now that the housing situations in Duluth were affecting students, they began to care.
The next day I was full of confidence and ready to interview more people. So I sat around Kirby Plaza, waiting for someone to interview. After a while I saw a girl walking alone and decided to make her a victim of mine. I stopped her and chatted for a couple of minutes; another source. I was on a roll. She told about how she was new here therefore she didn’t care. Here was another side to the story, which was perfect for me to add to my article. After I let her go, I stopped a male who was wearing a gopher shirt and looked to be in no hurry. I flipped on the sirens in my head and I pulled him over for a few minutes. Not to be a bragger or anything, but I had just hit 3/3. That’s pretty good. Well with my sources and information I went and sat down at my computer, and hit the wall, hard. I had to have sat staring at an empty page for almost an hour, having no idea where to start. Eventually I made myself type some crap onto the screen, which I was later able to revise into a lesser form of crap. And there ends the magical adventure of me and my political story.