the Crux

I am always finding that on this trip, the things I have really enjoyed have been unexpected. Last night, when driving back from Colonia to Montevideo, we stopped at a gas station. There was one gas station maybe every 20 miles. Enrico, our driver and amigo, pointed at the stars. I had already been looking at them from the van. I'm not sure if I had ever seen stars as bright. It was then he pointed out the Crux, or Southern Cross. It's a constellation that can only be seen in the southern hemisphere. I am the type of person that, when trying to see something that someone is trying to point out to me, my eyes have absolutely no idea where to look. I can never see constellations either. But I looked up and there was this gigantic cross shining over the pitch black countryside. It was great, and although I couldn't take a picture I don't think I'll soon forget it.
-Jack

ENBA exhibition "Crossings/ Cruces"
Everyone was surprised by the wide range of work that we realized: from drawings on paper of animals moving towards…
Schedule Monday June 7- Saturday June 12
Monday June 7 11am: Meeting with Ambassador David Nelson at US embassy Noon: Meeting with Partners Uruguay. Alianza Americana Lunch…
the Crux
I am always finding that on this trip, the things I have really enjoyed have been unexpected. Last night, when…