Orion Reposing

orion the hunter.jpg
Orion- the hunter

When I wake up maddeningly early and look out my dining room window I can see Orion-- at rest. Usually you see Orion upright-- his belt and blade at his waist and feet beneath him. In the middle of the night, however, Orion rests on the tops of trees lining the east side of our property. He lies there on his side-- relaxing on his elbow-- not hunting for the time being. I've a kind of repoir with this early morning constellation-- "you just rest there-- I'll get the coffee going."

I woke up in St. Paul this morning and walked out into the "darkeness" of the City. I looked straight up and was surprised to see my early morning companion Orion above my head. Upright and at work already-- another day another Horsehead Nebula. I didn't know or remember that I could see Orion in the City.

A bit later in my St. Paul campus office I reached into my jeans pocket and was surprised to find a handful of soybeans.

What I want to say is how this split life brings a reality to both. I can now see the stars in the City because I have come to know them, personally, at home on the prairie. I can now work in the Agronomy Deptartment with soybeans from my own field in my pocket. In some ways it is all the more richer because of the contrast.

But man I'm missing my kids.

Good photo and stream of consciousness thoughts...

Orion, what a cool constellation (symbolically, for sure)! Guess that's part of the reason we named our first little one (a girl - no, we're not traditional) Orion!

Powerful name, powerful affects and influences!!

so informative, thanks to tell us.

William Of Orange~ There is one certain means by which I can be sure never to see my countrys ruin - I will die in the last ditch.

Where do I find the facebook like botton for this post? I do not see it anywhere on the page...

A. Whitney Brown~ That is the saving grace of humor if you fail no one is laughing at you.

Big Daddy (Nicolas Cage) and his highly trained eleven year old daughter, Hit-Girl (Chloe Moretz) have been fighting against a mafia boss named Frank D'Amico (Mark Strong, Sherlock Holmes).

Vartan Gregorian~ The book is here to stay. What were doing is symbolic of the peaceful coexistence of the book and the computer.

As long as I have you there is just one other thing I'll always need - tremendous self control. -Ashleigh Brilliant

If you make a cow angry, how will she get even? She'll cream you!