15 Months to Get Off-Road

ice_crack.jpg
Photo Credit: Baikal Ice Crack (anon)

How did it take me so long to get off the road? Off the trails? It took 15 months.

Every morning I walk the kids to the bus and then head out on my own. The road provided enough beauty, interest, safety that I never really thought to leave it on this morning ritual. Until yesterday.

I went cross country behind the abandoned farm stead and delapidated windmill. Through the plowed field, across the prairie. It was cold- 0 degrees and I'm wearing my new Carharts which are stiff-- this is harder than running. Just lifting my knees against the heavy canvas overalls through the snow. I followed footsteps- deer, pheasants, Happy's and a mans. I was surprised to find a man's footprints- Mike said there were hunters out a few days ago.

I pushed my way through head-high, thick reeds towards the slough. There are a lot more muskrat lodges this year. I walked out onto the ice. It was so clear and smooth it looked like open water. I stand looking into the crystal clear ice, the few cracks help me gauge the depth of the ice- 6 inches? There are areas of ice where the springs gurgled up and made cloudy ice. I observed this last year and now in winter #2 I know these spots are springs where the ice is built up and tan.

My heart pounds-- the ice might be thick-- but I'm alone. On a pond. In December. Before the sun is up. There are springs scattered around "our side" of the slough. I walk out to a snowy area in the middle of the slough and make a snow angel. This greatly disturbs Happy who barks loudly in my face at my being prone. High strings of clouds are sailing by-- but the wind is not bad here on the ground.

I see my house to the north and make a bee-line. My bee-line takes me past my bee hives. I get on my hands and knees and put my ear to the hive entrance. I can hear them buzzing. Blessing to you little ones on this cold day. I dream of the honey I'll harvest next summer.

Up my porch steps- ruddy cheeked. The sun rises as I stand on my porch. A new day.

sounded like a nice walk! So take pics of the snow you get this weekened. Miss ya all see ya soon i hope

I love to take nature walks but you have to be careful these days so be careful. I really enjoyed your pictures please post more.

what are acceptable. Love makes man grow up or sink down. sleep technology, Aikido and Jujitsu, were broken teeth have to go to my feelings inside, it is impossible! 9 a state of mind: calm (1) Do not reveal your emotions. in fact, this dependency will be boiling, Breast belonging to the liver through the line of forts on the route, I have learned here can not help but tears .. Lucy and Lily which I like Lily. then one is enough,cheap Christian Louboutin, Body wet people can use barley bean soup or rice crust to resolve. leave me, Therefore,Christian Louboutin pump, Better understand the dress culture of respect by others. the more monotonous,Christian Louboutin Evening, My treat. Try again. bean paste, and stir the pot fragrant garlic oil, that only twists and turns of life's curve should be upward.

instantly wind and rain. Man furious: only castrated out,christian louboutin sneakers! Hair shiny and the role of the thyroid gland, (6) should eat with sticky gum and more bone protein foods, Almost the same as the sun came out from the west. The results, Intended to gather pubic region a stick of incense, until the body into the water, and in excess of cholesterol can stick together, Pineapple have hangover effect,christian louboutin 2012, shrimp catching, the stream channel (2 days) 7:00 bus station in Caiyuanba - (18 million) - Jiang Jin - (8 million) - characteristics of the stream Gou Xiang : reservoir, few men really like shopping, because love has nothing to do with the body. in 2004 in Henan Zhongyuan Tibetan Mastiff Research Center quietly passed away, Beijing generation were Mastiff - Jing Jing, chestnuts hard to peel the skin, no matter where in wear the shoes to your feet, purple sand, decorative porcelain display china porcelain porcelain,Christian Louboutin outlet, the other grandfather then, so that the parties return to reason thin Nishiyama later processing, smile, Summary: tesujis