Waiting for the Blizzard to Come

dec 15 08 pix dump 003.JPG
Warm home- calm before the storm

We had a blizzard last Sunday-- more wind than snow- but an entire day of white-out. This was combined with deadly wind chills. The winds were gusting to 60 mph.

This picture was taken on the warm (relatively) evening before the storm. You can see the snow falling down- not racing horizontally across the plains. We were snowed in for 2 days- school closed.

We talked over dinner how anyone could live here without heat and light. Seems infathomable- impossible.
I remember to be grateful for a warm, bright house.

love the pic

Batten down the hatches for the next strom. Take the kids out in the snow and take a pic so they can show Alma.

Hey! This entry works for today as well. The snow is just falling as the blizzard builds up and heads our way.

'Tis the Season.

We expect to be snowed in again this weekend.

Whoa!, i thought this was a top-notch excellent contribution. In theory I would like to post such as this as well - taking time and substantial effort to make a superb blog post... sadly what can I say... I put things off a good deal but not seem to get something achieved

When I was 10 my parents took me North to see snow (I'm in Florida) , 5 minutes in that and I was ready to come home. Snow is pretty to look at but somebody else can slog through it.