Hour of Splendor

farm pix- october 2008 091.jpg

We've been under the weather lately and so the lack of chronicles. A feverish chorus of coughing adults and children. So I enjoy some thoughts of hours of spendor in the grass....

Excerpts from: William Wordsworth
Recollections of Early Childhood

Intimations of Immortality

There was a time when meadow, grove, and stream,
The earth, and every common sight,
To me did seem
Appareled in celestial light,
The glory and the freshness of a dream.

…Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendour in the grass,
of glory in the flower,
We will grieve not, rather find
Strength in what remains behind…

I read your note last week regarding the fact that all of you have been feeling poorly.. sorry to read about this.. hopefully all of you are doing much better. I remember how it can wear one down when children are not feeling well.. take care, prayers are sent your way...
A Cardinal greeted me as I got up for the day last Saturday with his, "What Cheer, What Cheer", Spring is coming! BD

this poem is fabulous!!!!love it

I wanted to compose a simple comment in order to say thanks to you for all the pleasant guidelines you are placing at this site. My prolonged internet search has now been recognized with awesome suggestions to talk about with my great friends. I 'd admit that we visitors are really fortunate to exist in a fine website with very many brilliant professionals with great basics. I feel very much blessed to have encountered your entire web site and look forward to tons of more enjoyable times reading here. Thank you again for everything.