« Even a Blind Man Can Tell When He's Walking in the Sun | Main | This Week's Firsts - Spring 2009 »

What I gave up for Lent

Dilbert.com

I gave up economics for Lent. It wasn't easy, but I quit checking the stock market, business news services, Bloomberg radio, blogs, futures markets and the Baltic Dry Index. Alma overheard me telling someone that I had given up the economy for Lent and she said "But mom, you ask Dad everyday "how did the market do?" Alma gave up her MP3 player, Jens wanted to give up naps (didn't let him), Lake just scowled at the idea. Mike said, from his Baptist tradition, that everything that everyone gave up for Lent they gave up all year.

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://blog.lib.umn.edu/cgi-bin/mt-tb.cgi/87944

Mike, Kathy give up economics for a year? Do you like to torture yourself? I could see Alma giving up the MP3 player, the boys would last 2 days with the nap thing, but Mike the year deal for Kathy, I don't know! Rethink that idea.

I get the impression that my broker has given my account up for lent...

Seeing that i have been on the lookout on the internet for just a quality articles or blog posts associated with this particular matter . Doing research in Google I now encountered this great site. Reading this information I'm seriously happy to state that I have a nice feeling I uncovered exactly what I was looking for. For certain i will make sure to remember this web-site and take a visit consistently.