« The Birds | Main | Life Among Stoics »

V is for Vendetta

v-for-vendetta-logo-wallpaper.jpg

Sunday morning at 5 am the wind hit the farm like a thunderous wall. All the upstairs doors were knocking in their frames -- trying to open and close at the same time from the violent gusts of wind coming in the windows. The windows had been left open just a crack to let in the comfortable and fresh nightime air.

And I was hit with the flu- classic high temp, chills, body aches, headaches, etc... So I was in and out of consciousness while watching V is for Vendetta three times. I've always been one of those "things worth dying for" rather than "things worth killing for" kind of people. So while I don't relate to the Vendetta as much, I appreciate (to tears) the courage of people to take to the streets in search of truth and freedom.

I hope you can see this movie. And I hope you don't have to get the flu in order to do so.

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://blog.lib.umn.edu/cgi-bin/mt-tb.cgi/93419

Hmmmm....I have never seen that movie but now I think I'll have to put it in my Netflix queue. Thanks for the recommendation - hope you feel better! So great to see you over the weekend.

Kathy! I didn't even know you read my blog. It was very nice to see you over the weekend. Wish we could have stolen a few more moments to talk. Bet we'll have more time to chat in about 10 years, okay maybe 15 years time...

Glad you're home safe and sound.

I do read your blog, and enjoy it a lot! Just always seem to be in a rush and never get around to commenting. I'll try to be better about that. Yes....one of these years we'll get back to chatting! Looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time because that means the kids are all grown up!! But it will be great to catch up with my sis-in-law!!

It is true that what is discussed there, but sometimes still need some more data-specific data as supporting a truth.

Some time ago I was still confused about what you discuss this, but after you finish reading this article, a little more enlightening for me. greetings.

In the field of audio compression, there are two kinds of compression, namely lossy compression and lossless compression! The most common to the MP3, WMA, OGG is known as lossy compression, lossy compression is to reduce the definition audio sample frequency and bit rate, the output of the audio file will be smaller than the original file. Another audio compression is called lossless compression, which is to say we have today the subject matter. 100% lossless compression can save all the data in the original document under the premise of the volume of compressed audio files smaller, but will restore the compressed audio files, the source file can be achieved with the same size, the same bit rate. Currently lossless compression format APE, FLAC, WavPack, LPAC, WMALossless, AppleLossless, La, OptimFROG, Shorten, and the common, mainstream lossless compression format currently only APE, FLAC. Here's for the two lossless compression format, click comparison!