Serenity

serenity.jpg
Take my love, Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care. I'm still free. You can't take the the sky from me. ~ Firefly series 2002.

I found the most wonderful of escapes- Serenity and Firefly. I asked myself- how did I ever miss this incredible 2002 tv series that ran on Fox. And then I remember- "oh yeah- 2002 was a wonderful and devastating year." I didn't watch any tv that year. But I did rock my Milly in my arms all day long and we watched The Never Ending Story and Singing in the Rain. Now those are great memories.

I found Firefly just a few weeks ago. But now it's spring --- come summer. And that is not a time for relaxing, serenity, or any such stuff. This is the time to make hay. While the sun shines. And it is shining. My grandmother Alvina would have never sat around on a Friday night or any other time to watch a bunch of old tv shows when there was a garden to tend, chickens to feed, grass to mow, birds to mourn in oil slicks, house to clean, wrongs to right, and windmills to tilt at.

And so a tired woman on a Friday night prays for a big rain shower to wash away the guilt of sitting in front of the tv for a spell. Cue up some Serenity on Netflix. Feed the kids popcorn for dinner. Escape for a bit "to the black. Tell 'um I ain't comin' back. Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

how I do love reading your posts...and yes, my kids have popcorn for dinner too!

Ha - I had a similar period of escape watching Firefly on Netflix this past winter. I discovered the series after first stumbling upon the Serenity movie. There's not much TV I find worth watching but I thoroughly enjoyed escaping with Mal and his quirky crew - while it lasted. I suppose it was too good to last beyond one TV season.

Joe- how wild that you happened upon this series same time as me. Maybe a Netflix thing? Yes- too bad it couldn't last more than a season or two. Hope you are well old friend.

Spring, spring , spring! My favorite season it is. I always feel blessed in it. I get the feeling you were at peace with what is when you wrote the post. Thank you ever sooo much!