I am not sure what to expect riding the light rail. I figure it will be kind of like a bus ride but only more modern and different I guess. I hope the ride experience goes smoothly, I am sure it will.

The light rail ride was great. It was roomy and comfortable and a neat way to travel. It is definetly a nicer ride than the buses and quite convenient depending on where you need to go. There was plenty of room and I also noticed there were luggage and bike racks, so you can definitely bring more than yourself and be perfectly fine. It was quick and quiet and clean.
I stopped at the downtown east/metrodome station. This station was full of people and quite colorful. I never realized the station is modeled after the stone arch bridge just a few blocks away. That would definetly be an example of somnambulism I have driven by this station before but never did I realize what the purpose of the design was. There were references on the "bridge" to immigrant groups that had settled in this area years before. I think it is great how they incorporated the areas history into this light rail station, because it is very important.

Posted by dres0063 at April 12, 2005 6:58 PM