Why are we here?

Courtney Driessen Blooming Prairie, MN '12

Perhaps asking the question, "Why am I here?" at the start of a blog might be taken poorly, but I feel that it is an apt question for anyone studying abroad. This question was posed to us, a group of mostly English and a few Science majors, by our professor Janet Ericksen. She, of course, was asking from an academic angle, but the question applies to each of us on this trip on a more personal level. Why am I here?

I have traveled 3,898 miles to spend 24 days in a foreign country. I may find myself in situations that are unknown to me and I may even experience culture shock. I am traveling with a group of 18 other students that I don't know very well and will be living in a house with 8 of these students. Everyday I will spend 3 hours in a classroom learning side by side with these same individuals. We may find others that have different opinions or we may disagree. Sharing bathrooms or kitchen space could drive us to frustration with a feeling that we have lost some privacy. With so many unknowns and the possibility of conflict, why am I here?

I am here because the potentials for growth and learning far out-rule any possibility or potential for conflict or discomfort. I will have the chance to stand in the same places that I will be learning about in books. I can touch the same walls as ancient Romans, Anglo-Saxons, or even the Britons. I will visit abbeys and islands that housed some of the greatest minds of medieval York. I will meet new people with different views on life and the world. I have the opportunity to expand my understanding of the world in which I live. As a citizen of the world, I will grow in understanding, experiencing first hand a different way of life. This trip will provide opportunities to push myself to great potentials, both academically and personally.

This is why I am here.

Whenever taking a trip to foreign country, there will always be potential negatives arising from the large cultural change, however the positives and benefits of experiencing a new country will always outweigh the bad. Great article.

Visiting a foreign culture, can really change many ways of how you see the world. Even if u read or see movies, being there for real, is what does matter. Why are we here? Because we CAN !

Your current article constantly include a lot of really up to date info. Where do you come up with this? Just stating you are very resourceful. Thanks again

Aside, why is is when i article as my online screen identify, Sayne, I get moderated? But once i article as my authentic title, Chris, I do not get moderated? What on earth is so moderatable about "Sayne?"br /Was there once a total douche that posted by that identify that trolled close to the following?

Great write-up post.Very much thanks for a second time. Really Cool.

There is certainly a series called six films that will hold you awake. The Baby's Room and also to Let were remarkable..cant decide a beloved between the two

Since most of these Chairpeople earning $3.3-5.4 million. Other than qualifying for the better terms of second home occupied by the renter takes a cue from dwelling insurance, but with several important differences. Hence, you will pay more for RC coverage than ACV coverage because the insurance companies are trying to minimize their risk.

I visited a lot of website but I think this one has something extra in it. "It is easier to stay out than get out." by Mark Twain.

What is it that makes you choose one accommodation over another?

You need to have a think about putting the content of that blog post into the Youtube video. It would a good thing to watch.

All I had needed I found here.

timonium towers, you will find two buildings with in excess of 1000 people, Baltimore County does not afford this variety of working experience. I'm attempting as well coordinate the cupcake truck to also stop by the moment a month.. the other option may be the Towson Farmers MKT.

This blog inspired me to write my own blog.

Really nice layout and great content , very little else we want : D.

We unintentionally came over here through a different internet page and glad we did. This has been an extremely useful post. We look forward to looking at your internet page for a 2nd time soon.

This TV Shows Toolbar software allows users to watch all their favorite TV shows and movies for free from their computer.

It's nearly impossible to find well-informed people for this subject, but you sound like you know what you're talking about! Thanks

Y'all understand I love the ladyboys but damn!!! Relax out!!|

Tengo un Mac y utilizar la última interpretación de Firefox. Quiero que la ventana de descarga para detener a aparecer cada vez que guarde como un cuadro o de esta manera. Por ejemplo, al guardar una imagen que veo en firefox, la ventana de descarga aparece diciendo lo que he descargado y esas cosas. ¿Cómo puedo conseguir que la ventana emergente para detener a aparecer cada ocasión que quiero excluir algo a mi ordenador (como una imagen) en Firefox? No puedo encontrar nada en las preferencias en Firefox ni. POR Atención AYUDA!.

I’m so lucky that I came across this blog.

Me di cuenta de que Wordpress cobra una cuota para que usted haga cambios en su blog y blogspot no .. ¿Pero wordpress tiene otra delantera sobre blogspot de Google de que me estoy perdiendo?.

Fantastic. How do you do this that this blog is so good?

Appreciate this post. Let me try it out.

Personally I would not say that its total downloads have topped 18 million.

about play boy,pamela andereson and other porn stars

Model-Tipps.de. Das kostenlose Angebot beinhaltet unter anderem ein Verzeichnis von seriösen Modelagenturen und Tipps, wie man erfolgreich Castings absolviert und wo man lukrative Modeljobs entdecken kann.

As soon as I discovered this web site I went on reddit to share some of the love with them. "The new Haitian baseball can't weigh more than four ounces or less than five." by Jerry Coleman.

I love the efforts you have put in this, appreciate it for all the great blog posts.

www.meine-naehmaschine.de zeigt Ihnen mehrere Nähmaschinen und Overlock-Nähmaschinen, welche über ein dichtes Nähmaschinen-Fachhändler-Netz gekauft werden können. So sind sie auf der sicheren Seite und haben stehts eine Betreuung um sich.

Nenne es Gott, Zen, Seele, Atman.....das sind alles nur Namen. Als ich dort ankam, hörte ich keinen einzigen Namen.

Thanks for the one of many nicest blogs i've read within a though.

Undeniably believe that that you stated. Your favourite justification appeared to be at the net the easiest factor to understand of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed at the same time as other folks consider worries that they just don't recognise about. You managed to hit the nail upon the highest as well as defined out the entire thing with no need side-effects , folks can take a signal. Will probably be again to get more. Thank you!

It's articles such as these which makes me go to your blog repeatedly. I usually know that I can find someting readworthy while i click around. All the best!

Bravo, this remarkable phrase is necessary just by the way

furacin 0.2 ...furacin Pomada 100 G ...furacin 56

It's articles such as these which makes me visit your blog repeatedly. I always know that I am going to find someting readworthy when I click around. Thumbs up!

Really quite good details web page. I have to admit that we’re surely warm the concept

You made some decent points there. I looked on the internet for the subject matter and found most guys will agree with your blog.

I like this post. Best read in a long time. Hopefully you will keep write such as this!

This is a good blog and i need to pay a visit to this each and every day of your week .

A lot of Home dreams came true this year and I am sure there will be many more to come in 2013. I love what the developers have come up with recently, especially that snowball fight, my friends and I have been having a riot with that! Merry Christmas to everyone in HSM and all over the world who are reading this!

Hello, i like the way you post on your blog,

Using the exception of Willis, the cast is made up of actors who have no business waving guns around.

I likw thid blog do much, davwd to bookmarkd.