« Webconferencing | Main | Podcasts - Week 5 »

Extension 2.0 Reflection about this Learning Journey

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises?
One of my favorite public radio programs (besides Car Talk) is Future Tense with Chris Gordon. Half the time, I don’t know what he is talking about but it’s great to listen to him talk to ‘techy’ folks that know what they are talking about. I have always felt that Extension programming needs to take a leap into the future and get on board with using technology to deliver our educational programs and message. This course has given me tools, resources and ideas to ‘do a short video’, ‘educate through a blog’, and ‘post presentation using UM Connect presenter’.

How has this program assisted or affected your everyday work?
Using web conferencing more through UM Connect for meetings and to review documents with others. Easy to use and love that you can share your desktop with others.

Were there any unexpected outcomes or take-aways that surprised you?
I was surprise how easy it was to set-up and post on a blog. I’m going on a study-tour to Brazil in November. One of our assignments is to post our travel adventures on a blog. I need to practice uploading pictures to it but otherwise I feel comfortable doing it.

What could we do differently to improve this program?
It was a great introduction course to learn about the various tools available. I like that it was self-paced. I think it would be good if we could interact a little more with participants to see how they are using the various tools. Maybe a midway webcconfernece and an end. Or perhaps develop user groups interested in a certain tool?

If another enrichment course of this nature were offered in the future, would you try to participate?
Yes. Definitely yes! I’m really interested in ‘how to use and access the U’s library via the Internet.