Left Brain Vs. Right Brain

Right Hemisphere vs. Left Hemisphere?

Is there such a thing as being "left-brained" or "right brained?" In class and through the Lilenfeld text, it has come up several times that the left and right hemisphere of our brain each controls different ways in which we think. The left hemisphere of our brain is known for its fine tune language skills, while the right hemisphere is better known for coarse language skills. Being known as "left brained" means that you are logical, objective, scholarly, and you look at the pieces before the whole picture. On the other hand, a "right brained" person is more random, artistic, emotional, and tends to look at the whole picture first. Even though being "left brained" and "right brained" is only a myth, many people revolve their life around it. It helps them understand what kind of person they are and how they learn best. For example, many schools focus on teaching in a "left brained" manor. They concentrate on the reasoning behind the basics and fundamentals rather than the roundabout ways to answer a question.
I took a quiz online to see whether I was "left brained" or "right brained," and my results showed me that I was 51% "left brained" and 49% "right brained!" My results were very similar. I'm not surprised to see this though because I already knew that I don't fall into just one category. Feel free to take this (short) quiz and find out whether you are "left brained" like me or "left brained!"
-Sarah Duever
http://www.wherecreativitygoestoschool.com/vancouver/left_right/rb_test.htm