1) My favorite foods are as varied as my least favorite foods. Depending on my mood and setting I love or hate pizza, pasta, kim chi, or even just water. When I am able to my food choices reflect my interests at the moment.
2) I enjoy eating outside on a given weekend evening. A slight breeze, and the smell of someone else barbacuing is an appreciated accent. When the weather isn't the best I don't have much of a preference.
3) My family doesn't get together regularly for large meals, and when it happens the appearance is that of loosely controlled chaos. The meals are generally not consistant, with exception to desert. One of uncles is an incredible baker, and has come up with many recipes that are beyond just mention. He rarely repeats himself, so many great deserts have been carefully filed away in my memories to stay for eternity, but never be relived.
4) One of the most unusual things I have had the expeience of eating is kim chi. Like a spicy Korean saurkraut (the most generic possible explanation possible), the flavors and aromas overwhelm many people who I have eaten near. I say yum.
5) I consider myself an apt cook. I enjoy experimenting with meals that are probably outside my skill range. I enjoy taking on a challenge, even when I know the outcome is far from certain. I enjoy making Hispanic and Italian food, but I think I could use some more (read: any) formal training.
6) When I don't have time druing the week I like to experiment with making quick foods tastier. A fast food I like is chili mac. One box maccarroni (sp?), a can of chili, and a few extra spices. Tastes pretty decent, and works out well as a late night snack. I usually eat with roommates/friends, when they are available.
7) My father worked most of the time, so my mother cooked. In my grandparents home my grandfather cooked and my grandmother cleaned up.
Most of my food comes from a grocery store. I just don't seem to have time to go out and look around very much.
8) Most of my food comes from a grocery store. I don't seem to be able to find the time to go out looking very often. When I do venture out, I find myself more interested in the recipes and techniques than the individual ingredients.Posted by dugg0009 at June 13, 2005 12:21 PM