Wyo. teacher's sacrifice hailed as heroic after son attacked classroom

Casper, Wyo police are calling Casper College teacher James Krumm a hero for saving his students after his 25-year-old son attacked him in his classroom Friday, according to the Star Tribune. Christopher Krumm of Vernon, Conn. shot his father with a bow and arrow, stabbed himself, and then fatally stabbed his father, according to NBC. Both men were dead or dying when police arrived, but all of the student had already escaped.

Before driving to the college, Christopher Krumm had fatally attacked his fathers live-in girlfriend outside of their home. The body of Heidi Arnold, 42, lay outside the home for 11 hours, NBC quotes neighbor Heather Maier as saying.

"He told me his dad gave him Asperger's (syndrome), that his dad shouldn't have passed it on," said the younger Krumm's neighbor in Conn., according to NBC. "He said his dad should be castrated. I didn't know him that well, he just kind of said it out of nowhere, so that kind of threw me off a little."