Learning commentary

I'd say that if you only had one that changed, you should do a mix of the nominal assignment and the "none of my ideas changed" assignment. In particular, it would be easiest to take the idea that changed and the nearest idea that didn't change.

Testing morning blogging (with coffee)

I like coffee. I have a cup of Kenya AA here with me.

We're testing this

During the class period.

Yada...yada...

Some background materials

The curriculum we use in this class is the PET: Physics for Elementary Teachers project based out of San Diego State. It is intended to support the National Science Education Standards from the National Research Council and a set of Benchmarks for Scientific Literacy from the AAAS. Obvious this class will be looking at some of the physics topics in there, but we will also be spending quite a bit of time learning about learning process, especially the process of discovering natural laws.

A brief outline of the class's content is also available to give you an idea of what we'll be covering. And at least as importantly, how.

Welcome to the Physics 3071W blog

Hello, this is something new that we're trying this year, a web log that all of the students in both sections of the Physics 3071W class can post to, comment on, and read. Hopefully this will be a valuable sounding board for everyone, post articles signed by yourself asking questions, or noting interesting articles, or remain anonymous with comments.

We'll maintain the class webpage off of www.physics.umn.edu as well, but the discussions will be here.