December 8, 2004

Global Warming

A new review of the literature on climate change has been published in Science magazine. It finds that 75% of published (peer-reviewed and not-self-published at least) studies link climate change to human activity, and the remaining 25% do not make a statement on assigning responsibility to human activity. Most surprisingly of all, there are no papers which disagree with the consensus of antropogenic climate change. So much for it being a "debated subject" as the Dubya folks would like to claim.

On a more alarming note, or at least a more public-friendly note, a group of scientists writing in the Guardian, note the severe crisis facing the world due to this climate change. "We burn, each year, around a million years worth of accumulated hydrocarbons."

Posted by duver001 at December 8, 2004 3:17 PM