Tsunami conspiracy theories begin already

Let me admit that I had a momentary thought while in the coffee shop that maybe sumatran coffee bean prices might be affected. I know I'm going to burn for that though, so here are some worse ones (from other people):

First is the foreknowledge theory. The bad guys, that would be the US government, knew the tsunami was coming but didn't let the good guys, poor third-world folks, know.

The link to oil is explored here. Coincidence or a corporate oil tragedy?

Next is the Iman Falwell theory, that is, the victims were sinful in not following the Koran closely enough. Or bible, or something.

Some religious fanatics in the US praise the tsunami and the Swedish deaths there.

The official "George Bush created the tsunami" web pages.

And this grim photo note from the fnord illuminati in Sumatra.

Lots of possible conspiracy theories here...

Including the New York/Wall Street/Zionist use of nuclear weapons.

And don't forget the bovine illuminati! Obvious connections to the tsunami.

In an interview with the Independent newspaper in Britain, Stephen Tindale, executive director of Greenpeace UK, said: "No one can ignore the relentless increase in extreme weather events and so-called natural disasters, which in reality are no more natural than a plastic Christmas tree." Speaking to the same newspaper, Friends of the Earth Director Tony Juniper pressed the argument home: "Here again are yet more events in the real world that are consistent with climate change predictions." Yup, climate change causes earthquakes...

Or maybe the "terrorists" have earthquake weapons?

Good tsunami data---good starting point for data on the physical quake and waves.

Posted by duver001 at January 5, 2005 12:10 PM