Party update/invites II

Invite:
Readers of this blog are welcomed to attend parts of the party. RSVP is requested though!

Updates:
- Paul & Kathleen will be coming in from southern Illinois
- Keith & Debra? will be coming from San Francisco
- Billy Corgan is now officially invited since he wants to reform the Smashing Pumpkins (hmmm...as in form again)
- No birth in NJ (Mike & Val) as far as I know
- Michael Jackson will not be in attendance

Schedule:
Friday, 1 July 2005 - Happy Canada Day to all! We'll celebrate with Canadian Bacon, watching Canadian Bacon, and practicing our evacuation-from-the-US plans. Dinner at my place (3520 1st Ave South) around 6:30pm.

Saturday, 2 July 2005 - Happy 183rd day of the year! We'll celebrate the middle of the year with a big middle-of-the-day lunch (call it 11:30-3:30ish). Potluck for Twin Cities folks. We'll provide the drinks though. Evening festivities are weather-dependent, but a walk to the lakes and some general hanging-out seems most likely.

Sunday, 3 July 2005 - Brunch at the Loring Pasta Bar. Join us around eleven? Pre-fireworks we're planning a wine tasting. Bordeaux and Beyond. Or some silly catch phrase like that. At my place again. We'll make that approximately 3pm. Late night beer and bowling too!

Monday, 4 July 2005 - Happy Independence Day. We'll get up early and shoot at the British. No, no, we'll have a continental breakfast instead. (Same thing at some level.) We will prepare lunch on the gas grill (call it noon at my place). What's more all-American than that? Maybe there will be more fireworks too?

Tuesday, 5 July 2005 - Happy 7/5/5, two months after the predicted apocalypse. Anyone who is still at the party will be forced to watch the Director's Cut of Apocalypse Now followed by Hearts of Darkness. I should probably head to work as well.

Here was the original invitation, from last summer.

Posted by duver001 at June 21, 2005 11:55 AM