Recent Trends in Return Migration of Chinese Nationals

The past century and a half has been witness to two large scale waves of migration of Chinese to the United States. Migration policy in the United States and in China has played an important role in shaping migratory flows between the two nations. However, these two waves have significantly different migrant profiles and have provided different experiences for returnees. In my talk I will highlight major migration policies from both nations and the key differences in the demographics of the migratory flows. I will conclude with a description of the scope of return migration for both periods as well as a discussion of my hypotheses as to the key influences on motivations for and consequences of the contemporary migratory flows.

Presenter: Seth Werner, Marketing / Logistics Management, Carlson School of Management
Date: Monday, Feb. 22, 2010
Place: Room 50, Willey Hall

This page contains a single entry by Su Chen published on February 11, 2010 3:29 PM.

Traces of the Postwar: Violence and Memory in South Korean Cinema was the previous entry in this blog.

Blood Brothers: Racial Passing and Male Bonding in Japanese Yakuza Films is the next entry in this blog.