« Accomplice to a Crime | Main | Venezuela, Chavez sour looser »

Bonds, the champ goes to court

After court, Mr. Ruby told the mass of reporters, ‚ÄúToday, Barry Bonds is innocent. He has trust and faith in the justice system. He will defend these charges. He is confident of a good outcome.‚Ä?
-New York Times

Yeah, right.

Since this is my blog, and not too serious a source of news, I can say that. Now I'm done. Time to be fair and just write the news.

Barry Bonds appeared in court today to plead not guilty to all six charges brought up against him. The New York Times says that he was accompanied by his wife Liz, and a team of five attorneys, who did most of the talking for the slugger.

The charges brought against the home run champion relate to him lying about taking performance enhancing drugs.

The Washington Post reported that Bonds' personal trainer, Greg Anderson, spent several months in jail for refusing to testify against Bonds before, and Bond's new team of lawyers believe he will go to jail again. This, and the BALKO incidenct, a factory which produced performance enhancing drugs for players and supplied Anderson, put Bonds in suspicious light.