In cooperation with EDUCAUSE, NACUA offers The Use of Social Media by Students and Employees, a web seminar, on April 29, 12 noon-2 pm ET. Learn about how social media is being used by college students, faculty, and staff and the legal rights, obligations, and liabilities associated with its use, including:
- Who owns and controls the content found on social networking sites and on university-sponsored sites?
- The privacy implications of participating in social networking sites
- Potential employer liability for employee-generated content on social networking sites
- Student speech, misconduct and criminal activity posted on social media sites
- Intellectual property concerns
- Recommended Best Practices and Social Media Guidelines
- Your role as a higher education administrator with respect to student use of social media