Instapaper Free/Instapaper Pro (Read it Later applications)

instapaper_logo1.jpg

Do you ever scour the web consuming news, doing research, shopping, viewing videos and photos and after a while find that you have 10 tabs and 3 browser windows of links open? Are you often distracted by the advertisements, bright colors, pop up windows, and numerous clicks you need to make to get through a site like The New York Times or USA Today to find out what happened today in the world? Do you find yourself doing research online and emailing yourself links to journal articles, newsletters and web links so you can access your material at a later date when you need to write a paper? If your answer has been yes to any of these questions then Instapaper is a service you will love to add to your daily web surfing and content consumption.

For a quick overview of the basic operations of Instapaper Pro on the iPad check out this short video tutorial of Instapaper Pro's functionality: video link (courtesy of blip.tv)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been using Instapaper Pro for the iPad and iPhone ($4.99) for about three months now and find it to be an indispensable piece of software that I use on an almost daily basis. On my iPad and iPhone I have a bookmark-let installed in Safari that allows me to bookmark any website I navigate to from news, to research, even cool coffee shops or vacation website that I'd like to visit and all these links drop into my online Instapaper account. In my RSS Reeder for the iPad (Reeder- $4.99) I have a "send to Instapaper link that I use to send articles I want to save for later viewing and don't have time to finish at that moment. Also, Instapaper provides an email address that allows you to email links to sites, digital newsletters and articles sent from friends as well. So rather than emailing myself links to sites and articles I want to save I just send them right into Instapaper. All of these links, videos and other online content are compiled online, stripped down to an easy to read format on mobile devices and synced into my Instapaper Pro iPad and iPhone applications to read later at my convenience. Lastly, it's really cool to be able to share these links with others. I can create a starred section on my Instapaper account which will allow others to subscribe to my favorite links, news, videos and photos. Want to try out the share feature and receive content related to iPads in Education? Add iPadnewsinEDU (or subscribe to the RSS Feed from Instapaper) to your list of folders and enjoy new content and news on this topic as we continue to add to this growing database of knowledge.

Links:

Instapaper Online: sign up for a free account

Instapaper free app for your iPhone?: Download Instapaper Free

Instapaper Pro (iPad)? Download Instapaper Pro for the iPad from the iPad store.

Do you feel like you already use a lot of productivity apps and unsure how Instapaper would be helpful in combination with them? Check out my Personal Reflection about the utility of using productivity apps in a combined way.

Not all people learn mixed martial arts with the hopes of actually taking on other people.

Apple is known for their simplistic, but catchy commercials. In recent television commercials for the Apple iPhone, "There's an App for that" is the new catch phrase that places a strong focus on the apps available from the App Store. Apps, or applications, are in "every category, from games to business, education to entertainment, finance to health and fitness, productivity to social networking.

The film starts off to reveal a womanizing, Nazi business man who profited off of slave labor. The Nazi business man is of course Oskar Schindler. Oskar is just like most men. He has a love for good wine, beautiful women, and pursues happiness through the success of his business. But on his journey to a successful business, millions of Jews were being killed during a time which most label as one of the darkest periods of human history. As Oskar made money, innocent people were being murdered. That's when the self-centered, often money hungry Oskar steps in and gives up his goal of having a successful business to save the lives of over 1,000 Jews.

To be perfectly honest i think the vast majority of people will agree with this, but you always get some people who will disagree.

Sorry for the long rant / review lol, but i had to do it, and i hope it will help people in the future when they are buying from websites and looking at products.

Alot of people are into gadgets, sports, entertainment etc, but many of them dont really know what it takes to be at the upper echelons of the industry, and yet you still get people criticizing products or sports people, despite not knowing really how to do the task themselves, lol !

Personally i think the best way forward is to take the perspective of many people from the general population and try to come up with some sort of half way point where people will understand eachother.

This post will be of great interest to me. I am glad I found it. Thank you very much.

If you are sitting on the fence about this article, then let me tell you from experience, i tried it and it is a high quality product, but people buying from different sources will always have an opinion, or if they got screwed over then they will give negative reviews, which i dont think is correct.

should I be worried if my mum gets given a 4G phone and Ipad by her work? She's more "gadgeted" than me! LOL

I was examining some of your content on this internet site and I believe this internet site is rattling instructive! Keep on posting .

Very interesting info !Perfect just what I was looking for!

You have mentioned very interesting points ! ps nice web site .

Very interesting information!Perfect just what I was searching for!

Very interesting subject , thankyou for posting .

Very interesting subject , thankyou for putting up.

This page contains a single entry by EdPsyitf published on September 23, 2010 5:23 PM.

Adobe Photoshop Express for iPad (free app) was the previous entry in this blog.

Personal Reflection: "Productivity Apps- similar yet different" is the next entry in this blog.

Recent Comments

• ps3 repair: Very interesting subject , thankyou for putting up. read more
  • closet organization: Very interesting subject , thankyou for posting . read more
  • dinner and a movie: Very interesting information!Perfect just what I was searching for! read more
  • aisi 316: You have mentioned very interesting points ! ps nice web read more
  • aisi 316: Very interesting info !Perfect just what I was looking for! read more
  • steel pipes: I was examining some of your content on this internet read more
  • Deals Shiloh: should I be worried if my mum gets given a read more
  • mma fight store: Sorry for the long rant / review lol, but i read more
  • mma fight store: To be perfectly honest i think the vast majority of read more
  • ufc 128 walkout shirts: Personally i think the best way forward is to take read more