Apple iPad and Projecting

project1.pngFirst, let me just get this out of the way. iPad won't be able to project like your laptop. With a laptop you just plug in the cable and everything is projected onto the screen. iPad does not work like this unfortunately.

To be able to hook your iPad into a projector you will need a "dongle" from the Apple Store. (The official name is Apple iPad Dock Connector to VGA Adapter). This dongle will set you back $29.00 and is available in Apple Stores.

Unfortunately you cannot just plug in the cable and project everything that happens on your iPad screen. Projecting from the iPad is app dependent. Certain apps support projecting but most of them don't. So before purchasing any apps you want to use for projecting make sure you do some research if the app is capable of doing it. **HINT- while browsing the App Store in iTunes or on your iPad, each app that is capable of being projected will state this in their app description.

Here's a few iPad apps that support projecting.
-Keynote. Projects your presentations (PowerPoints, Keynotes, among others). You can use your finger as laser pointer. Just touch your iPad screen while you project your presentation.
-GoodReader. Projects your documents (Word, PDF, etc).
-YouTube. All the video clips you can find on Youtube can be projected.
-Videos. All the videos you have on your iPad can be projected.ipad-vga-adapter.png
-Photos. All the photos you have on your iPad. You have to turn slideshow on and projecting will start.
-WebShow + VGA Out. This app is just like the Safari browser but it is capable of projecting the browser window.
-PaperDesk. Able to project your notes (typed or drawn).

Here's great guide how to get your PowerPoints into Keynote app.

i want to get an ipad just to download the tale of peter rabbit. straight up.

Must be naptime, b/c he can easily do his job AND debate. It's called multi-tasking. "Talking" about the economy is about all he can do, so why not talk, and then head to Mississippi, and then go back to Washington?

I want to personally thank you for putting this blog together, and putting the work in it to make it a enjoyable read. Will be back for more.

I settle with a piece of Marry's opinion. But everything is not cool for that. Each one is waiting lovely options except no findings.

Great blog Really I like how it is organized. I am thinking how I might be contacted whenever there's something new on here. I have saved your site thank you!

Didn't even realize this was possible. This puts me that much closer to getting rid of my laptop and simply using my ipad for the majority of my work.

What a relief. I'm tired of lugging around a backpack filled with a heavy laptop and charger.

Thanks,
-Paul

The obvious current target audiences for the Apple iPhone include young people between the ages of 20 and 35, affluent teenagers, "jet-setters", and "mobile" employees who work outside of the office.

I’d like to say that you always offer valid information and I have been an fascinated reader of your site for quite some time. I wanted to say thankyou really for all the good work you do!

Thanks for because of this spectacular post. i am invariably close to to the present up out for content material material and was lucky to uncover you on yahoo i am going to completely be again nonetheless again againg to establish what other spectacular content material material you post.

You stand for a different opinion on your website than most persons do. I entierly agree with you.

This blog is very engaging. I am happy I found it because I learned new facts today. Keep posting.

I found your site from altavista and it is eye-popping. Thank you for sharing such an incredible article...

You sure do know what youre talking about. Man, this blog is just great! I cant wait to read more of what youve got to say. Im really happy that I came across this when I did because I was really starting to get bored with the whole blogging scene. Youve turned me around, man!

If you're still on the fence: grab your favorite earphones, head down to a Best Buy and ask to plug them into a Zune then an iPod and see which one sounds better to you, and which interface makes you smile more. Then you'll know which is right for you.

You got fantastic nice ideas there. I made a research on the topic and got most peoples will agree with your blog.

I have been surfing on the web more than 4 hours today, yet I never found any absorbing post like yours. It's pretty worth much for me. Personally, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the internet will be much more useful than ever before.

This page contains a single entry by ciitf published on October 19, 2010 3:46 PM.

GoodReader for the iPad (paid app $2.99) was the previous entry in this blog.

Blogging about the iPad app Blogpress... using Blogpress is the next entry in this blog.

Recent Comments

• dry cell hho generator plans : I have been surfing on the web more than 4 read more
  • cheap Cipro: You got fantastic nice ideas there. I made a research read more
  • Diflucan: If you're still on the fence: grab your favorite earphones, read more
  • Keflex: You sure do know what youre talking about. Man, this read more
  • buy Keflex: I found your site from altavista and it is eye-popping. read more
  • Helen Migraine: This blog is very engaging. I am happy I found read more
  • Georges Migraine: You stand for a different opinion on your website than read more
  • Matthew C. Kriner: Thanks for because of this spectacular post. i am invariably read more
  • Jocuri Gratis: I’d like to say that you always offer valid information read more
  • Fashion iPhone App: The obvious current target audiences for the Apple iPhone include read more