« Sunday School Teacher Arrested in Killing of 8-Year-Old | Main | Madagascar Cyclone Kills 9 »

Flo Rida's Digits Available for Fans

In an attempt to reach his fan base on a more intimate level, the Floridian rapper has made his personal cell phone number public, CNN reported.

Tramar Dillard, more commonly known as Flo Rida, said he responds to about 30 percent of calls and texts he gets. If he does not have time to answer or call back, he will text back.

"If they can go out and buy my albums, I can at least make the sacrifice to holler at the few people who call," he said. "A lot of times I'm busy so they'll get my voice mail. And if I can speak to them and I have time, I always text back. Because I think that's very important." (CNN)

However, most people get flustered when they actually reach the top-selling, in-demand rapper that they hang up. In an interview with CNN, as his phone continued to light up, he answered a call where exactly that happened.

"Most of them hang up," he said in the interview. "They don't think it's really me." (CNN)

Flo Rida's single, "Low," featuring rapper T-Pain, broke digital sales records last year, selling 467,000 downloads in its first week. His new single "Right Round," featuring singer Kesha, sold more than 636,000 downloads in the week after its release. It also hit number one on Billboard's Hot 100 pop chart.

Flo Rida is also scheduled to be a guest on "American Idol."

Having an international fan base is also important to Flo Rida, who wanted to study international business in school. He has a number one record in nearly 12 different countries.

"To me, that's like having nine lives. Most people don't even have an idea that you can really sell music overseas" he said. (CNN)