Extension > Garden > Master Gardener > Over the Backyard Fence | News from the Master Gardener director > Archives > March 2010 Archives
March 2010 Archives
Adapted from a similar course for turfgrass managers, Summer Turf Maintenance with Reduced Environmental Impacts is available at no cost to UMN Extension Master Gardeners. Funding for this program was provided by MPCA through a grant from the US EPA, Section 319 Nonpoint Source Management Fund. Sponsorship is provided by Fortin Consulting, MPCA, Mississippi Watershed Management Organization, University of Minnesota Extension with other participants from the turfgrass management profession.
For class details:
9:00 am - 3:30 pm
No class fee
UMN Extension Regional Office - Farmington
Bob Mugaas, Extension Educator - Turfgrass Management, UMN Extension; Connie Fortin, President, Fortin Consulting; and Brad Tabke, Owner, Quercus Landscapes.
Register by contacting Fortin Consulting. There is no charge for this class, but pre-registration is required and limited to 60 participants - REGISTER EARLY! Please provide your name, phone number, and email to:
Fortin Consulting Inc.
215 Hamel Road, Hamel, MN 55340
The human fuel part of the 2010 exhibition at the MN Landscape Arboretum is called Powerhouse Plants: Veggies By the Yard! Master Gardeners will be participating by planting vegetable garden designs, created by Ted Pew, gardener at the Arb, that will fit into 50 sq ft of garden space. The goal is to encourage people to plant a little space of edibles in their garden.
Master Gardeners around
Master Gardener sites will be:
- Display & Trial Garden, UMN
- Cook County: Grand Marais Community Center
- Wright County: Courtyard Learning Garden, Pinewood Elementary, Monticello
- Traverse County: Junior Master Gardeners, Grow To Share Garden, county fairgrounds
- Scott County: Teaching Garden, Scott County fairgrounds
- Hennepin County: Alice Smith Elementary School, Hopkins
- Ramsey County: The Wilder Child Development Center,
- Sherburne County: Demonstration gardens in Becker, Zimmerman and Elk River
- Mower County: Junior Master Gardeners, Mower County fairgrounds
- Washington County: County fairgrounds demonstration garden
- Anoka County: Blaine Community Gardens
- Dakota County: UMORE Park - Master Gardener Demonstration Garden
- Kanabec County: Junior Master Gardeners
Today we are meeting for professional development involving
Tuesday, March 16 - John Loegering - Living with Wildlife - 6-9 pm Thursday, March 18 - Karl Foord - Fruits - 6-9 pm
Both sessions will meet at the Blue Earth County Courthouse as usual.