Contact information: Gary Johnson - email@example.com.
Volunteers needed in Mora, Mankato, Saint Cloud, Worthington, Royalton, Bemidji, Starbuck and Brainerd
Calling all tree huggers! Become a Community Tree Inventory Volunteer and help communities prepare for invasive pests by understanding how vulnerable they are to EAB. While not exclusively focused on ash trees (you'll be learning and evaluating all trees), you will learn such valuable skills as:
- Identifying trees
- Measuring trees
- Determining the condition and value of trees
- How to work with communities and homeowners as a Community Tree Inventory Volunteer
- 12-16 hrs education / training and counts toward Master Gardener continuing education hours
- Taught by Urban Forestry staff - Gary Johnson & Dave Hanson
- No class fees
- Training includes an actual inventory of a city block
- T-shirts identifying you as a Community Tree Inventory Volunteer
- Year-round technical support from faculty and staff
- City support at regional resource centers including a dedicated site to pick up maps, enter data, etc.
ADDITIONAL TRAINING AVAILABLE
8.5 hrs continuing education to become a Community Outreach Volunteers about urban forestry. By completing both the 12-16 hours and the additional 8. 5 hours of education, you will be certified as a Tree Care Advisor.