Thank you for turning in your reporting data! Of those who were asked to lead the effort to collect data for their program team, 92 percent sent your data on time. This puts all of us in a position to show the public value of your work to stakeholders.
Preliminary results show the following as some of what you accomplished as a Center in 2013:
- The number of participants you reached could fill TCF Stadium more than 5.5 times.
- You averaged almost 50 events a week.
- Volunteers logged hours the equivalent of more than 250 full-time employees.
- Your participants potentially influenced almost 6 percent of the land in Minnesota.
- About 271,000 people know more as a result of your work, which is more than 3 times the population of Duluth.
- About 261,000 participants said they would change their behavior as a result of your work, which is almost 4 times the population of St. Cloud.
I'll be sending summary statistics to you and your team in the next few weeks. Please look over what you and your coworkers accomplished and consider how you might use this data. Here are some ideas:
- Meet with your team and use the data to talk about what you did well and what you can improve.
- Take time now to plan how you will collect evaluation data for the upcoming year. Identify what data you need to collect for reporting purposes and what data will be useful to your program. I'm happy to help you think through this and develop tools.
- Share your success with each other and your stakeholders. You did a lot of valuable work this past year!
-Whitney Meredith, evaluation specialist