The 2010 HORT 1003 Master Gardener Core Course / Horticulture for the Home and Garden will be held in St. Paul, Mankato, Pine City and online. While originally designed to educate new Master Gardener volunteers, this class is also open to those people who want to gain valuable horticulture knowledge without the volunteer obligation (called "ProHort"). A total of 48 hours of education, this class is taught by extension educators and faculty. Topics include: botany, soils, horticulture resources, entomology, plant pathology, herbaceous plants, trees and shrubs, indoor plants, integrated pest management, lawn care, weeds, fruits and vegetables.
- Registration opens online Sept. 30, 2009. See http://www.mg.umn.edu for the registration link.
2010 Class locations:
- Online: January 12 - May 2, 2010
- University of Minnesota - St. Paul campus: January 12 - February 6, 2010
- Pine City, MN: January 26 - February 20, 2010
Mankato, MN: February 23 - March 30, 2010
2010 Class fees (includes class materials):
- Online class: $250 for Master Gardener interns; $550 for ProHort students;
- Face-to-Face classes (St. Paul, Pine City and Mankato): $200 for Master Gardener interns; $500 for ProHort students
Normal University fees apply for students taking the course for credit through the College for Continuing Education.