people magazine

Okay so people magazine is way messed up! I pretty much can start with a blank slate. Everything and I mean everything can be improved upon... God, do I have my work cut out for me!

Nice package

Okay well, here we go... There are millions upon millions of products I see everyday so it is way mucho hard to decide on just one I like. I decided on (drumroll please) Coca-cola and the company's packaging. Well first of all, through out the years it's been here it's pretty much been the same. They just slightly adjust it every few years. There is also the christmas packaging, which people get excited about. I mean come one the product isn't any different and people get excited to see how the can will look. Secondly, keep in mind the type the entire time has not changed. they use the same font for Coca-cola since like forever (okay not forever but you know what i mean. they've used it for a long time). That's saying something with the times consatantly changing and what not and that still works! Major kudos. Finally, (because I'm getting tired of typing) within all coke products (coke, diet, one, etc..) they use the same color scheme. Keep in mind this is not including outside coke products like sprite or fresca. They all use in some form or another the red, black and white some where. I really just like the fact that a company still is so popular and prominant after all these years and really has not changed that much.

typefaces and what nots...

I choose baskerville. Why? I don't know. It's early....... so yea, any way, here's the rundown; it is a serif typeface. It was designed in 1757 by John Baskerville (see the connection?) in Birmingham, England (by the by, that is where my brother, who is a student here, is right now). Anywho, Baskerville is classified as a transitional typeface, positionded between the old style typefaces of William Caslon, and the modern styles of Giambattista and Firmin Didot. John had high ideals of perfection and that is what he tried to achieve with this typeface. if you want to know more go to wikipedia.org. Sorry people but I am tired and don't want to type for much longer.

Continue reading "typefaces and what nots..." »