« WHERE IS THE ART, Mr.? | Main | Life without Architecture School »

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire." -William Butler Yeats

whoiswise-desc[1].jpg

Inspirational Quotes on Education

"Those who educate children well are more to be honored than parents, for these only gave life, those the art of living well." -Aristotle

"Knowledge is power." -Francis Bacon

“The desire of knowledge, like the thirst for riches, increases ever with the acquisition of it.” -Laurence Sterne

“Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened.” -Buddha

“Tell me and I'll forget. Show me, and I may not remember. Involve me, and I'll understand.” -Native American Saying

“ Education is more than a luxury; it is a responsibility that society owes to itself.” -Robin Cook

pn_education[1].jpg

0000039328_20070424212819[1].jpg

world[1].gif

Songs that Influence Education
Pink Floyd: Another Brick in The Wall
Paul Simon: Me and Julio down by the Schoolyard
The Police: Message in a Bottle
Alice Cooper: School's out for the Summer

Reason
Primary Education should be a concern for everyone around the world. We live in a time where education has the power to liberate oppressed peoples and deconstruct social barriers that divide us. I believe the quotes I have selected best describe the importance of education and its power in the world. The images are trying to provide an idea of an equal education throughout the world. To truly succeed in achieving equal education throughout the world, we must first educate children in our own community. Songs like Pink Floyd’s “Another Brick in the Wall” present an idea that education will not only advance your career opportunities, but it will also set you apart from the mindless workers of society.

The views and opinions expressed in this page are strictly those of the page author. The contents of this page have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Minnesota.