« Axe stays in Madison | Main | Thanksgiving can be stressful »

Fox turning heads

I talk a lot about the Minnesota men's basketball team on this blog, so I think it is time for me to talk about something else. Well, sorry, still basketball - women's basketball. I think junior guard Emily Fox deserves to be recognized on here. Of course, being recognized on here isn't saying much. She is already pretty famous. She is a legend on Youtube, has already appeared on shows such as The Late Show, Ellen, and The Best Damn Sports Show Period. Why? Not because of basketball - she is exceptional at that too - but because of her skill in "sports stacking."

What? What is sports stacking? Good question. It is a game in which you try and stack plastic cups as fast you can in different pyramid shapes. Fox was at one point the world recorder holder with the fastest time.
Oh yeah, and she is really really good at basketball. Fox, who was selected to the preseason All-Big Ten first team and helped Team USA win a gold medal in Brazil this summer, has led the Gophers to a 4-0 start. On Sunday night, she scored 26 points as Minnesota upset #25 Louisville at Williams Arena.

Fox is already famous for one sport. She may soon be famous for another if she makes it to the WNBA.