« Student Appreciation Week is April 14th- 18th | Main | Trends, Fads or Folly: Spotting the Library Trends That Really Matter »

e-Books from the Online Library of Liberty

Last November, Rory asked me if it is possible to include selected titles of the Online Library of Liberty in our library catalog. I believe that free e-books are a new source that we should tap into and assigned the task to Deb.

The Online Library of Liberty is a project of Liberty Fund, Inc., a private, non-profit educational foundation based in Indianapolis, Indiana. The aim of the OLL is to provide thousands of titles about individual liberty, limited constitutional government, and the free market, free of charge to the public, for educational purposes.

I’m pleased to report that Deb has finished cataloging of what Rory has selected: 142 titles, from The Lyrical Dramas of Aeschylus and Beowulf in the original language to The Life of George Washington.

Of the 142 titles, about half of them required original cataloging, as there are only bib records for the print version in OCLC.

Thanks, Deb!

Shixing Wen
Head of Technical Services