Nascar bans smoking in the stands during races...

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/index.html
Fox news

I found it only fitting since we are talking about sports this week to write my blog about a sport that has been around for many many years. Although some may argue that racing cars is not a sport. The Daytona 500 is a large race that takes place every year as most of you probably know. It is taking place this weekend in Florida like usual. For me the race track was part of my weekend life while groaning up. I pretty much lived at the track on the weekends. Part of the experience that some would argue is the noise, the unhealthy food and the smell of cigarette smoke in the air. Part of the experience is coming home smelling of a mixture of exhaust and smoke.
I myself am not a smoker and don't have friends that smoke so I was mainly around it at the track. But recently the track official and probably many other people are involved with making it not acceptable to smoke in the grandstands at the Daytona track. In this video that I have posted a link to they talk to one old man who is not happy with the change. In my opinion this is something that is sweeping over our nation, it is something that has changed our public areas so much over the past few years. This was bound to happen here at this very popular track. Will it change the atmosphere much? Will they see a decrease in sales tickets? I don't think so. People will learn to adapt to the change like they already have been for the past few years.

-Anna Srock