At $500 billion, Apple is worth more than Poland

This article is about the successes Apple has achieved. It is trying to persuade us that Apple is making impressive progress and thats quite a feat for a company that was only worth $10 billion 10 years ago. I am convinced. Although I know better to believe that Apple is worth more than Poland, they are effective in making their point. Some fact claims that I found particularly persuasive are the following: "one of the five most-valuable companies at any point in history" - this I found persuasive because they provide evidence of the other five companies and give numbers on what each was worth. "The company reported in January that its sales grew 73% last year. It also posted the second-most profitable quarter in history for a U.S. company." - This I found good as well. They don't provide a source, but their specific numbers give the impression that the information is reliable. What really highlights Apples progress is this claim: "It was only a month ago that Apple's market valuation rose to $400 billion for the first time." For me, specifically, I remember because I blogged about it then as well. This is an example at how fast the company is progressing and does wonders to convince us that Apple is a very successful company.