Batman Article Discussion Question

After reading this article, it almost feels as though the main event is not the movie anymore, it's the products that go along with the movie. The focus seems to have shifted from the art to how to best make a profit. In knowing what goes into movies nowadays, how might we use our increased awareness of this process to better understand media texts?

I like how you commented about the movie not being "the main event." I also see this happening nowadays. I feel like Hollywood has this tendency to pump out movies as quickly as possible, along with an assortment of products, but don't care about the quality of the movie. I think that this idea of branching out and hitting every type of product is too big of a challenge for Hollywood to do, while producing a valuable movie. I think that things do need to change in that movies come first and its products second.