Blog Post for 9/26 and DQ

When reading the passage about pornography, I couldn't help but go back to all of my previous judgements about the porn industry that I have had for a long time. It all began when the shoe on E! came on called The Girls Next Door. It was about Hugh Hefner's not one, but three girlfriends who all lived with him at once in the Playboy mansion. I couldn't help but be intrigued by the show, but I was also quite disgusted. Being a girl, I wonder what it takes for girls to get to a point of being someone's one of three girlfriends. It's very demeaning and most of these girls backgrounds were of low income families who didn't have much support from their parents helping them be the best that they can be in life. I feel as though women are exploiting themselves sexually in order to get famous when there are so many other great opportunities for women today.

DQ: I am wondering how people can read these magazines and not immediately think to themselves about how someone such as these girls dads would feel if they knew you were looking at this? Isn't there a fine line behind sexual pleasure and doing what is morally right as a human being?