Brent Stensrude Discussion ?

In Carr's reply to Shirky in his article, "Why skepticism is good" he sort of reiterates his main point of thinking in that how Google, and the internet in general is rewiring our brain because of how the human brain was meant to change through evolution. I agree that this is possible but also I flat out do not believe the internet has been around near long enough, or even writing in general, to offer any explanation through evolution which takes millions or years. So I guess my question is should people be concerned about what type of reading they do and how often? And if research were to prove that reading books is better than surfing the internet would it ever be possible to reserve the cultural change that has occurred. I don't believe so. The world is constantly changing at a very fast pass. Without the internet the world would be lost.