Carr Discussion Q

After reading Nicholas Carr's article, I was left with the impression that we are all turning into stupid robots dependent on "smart" robots. This just does not settle very well with me; it just seems like a very "short-sighted" view at Google and human ability. Does Carr really think that we are becoming stupider just because we lose interest in a few articles or books? As I mentioned in my lengthy blog post, isn't it just because we have come to a point where there are a lot of similar things available now, and I mean A LOT of similar things? Maybe we have just become bored of reading all these "similar" things? So, my question is, should we change how we present our materials or is Carr really right that we are turning into stupid robots dependent on man-made robots that are "smarter" than us, and the only thing we can do is to turn back?