Is Google Making Us Stupid?

So I was reading this article, and I didn't get very far before I knew what I wanted to write about, in fact, I just stopped right there and quit the reading and started writing.... (JUST KIDDING, get it? It's funny 'cause that's what Carr is talking about in the beginning of the article... ) Really, that is what I wrote on, but I did finish the article first :-) So here it is...

For some reason, I couldn't seem to put myself in Nicholas Carr's shoes while reading his article. I felt like what he was saying was almost like a cop-out. If you don't like who you are, or who you have become, CHANGE IT. I understand you are shaped a certain way, like what we talked about in Monday's class, but let us not underestimate the power of the human mind. Like most things, "changing yourself and habits" is a lot easier said than done, however, it can be accomplished with hard work and dedication. You train your brain to do things, and if Carr feels like he "can't" read long books or articles, well, then he should think back to what he did as a child. To when he first started having to do those kinds of readings, and train himself to do it again. It is up to him whether or not he wants to spend an extra thirty minutes of his free time on the computer or teaching himself to get lost in books again. Later in the article, Carr recognizes that reading on the internet and in books are two completely different things... So why doesn't he just apply this knowledge to his habits?
Fortunately, I feel like my mind is still able to differentiate the kind of reading I am doing. I am able to adapt to different readings depending on what the reading is for and the focus necessary for that kind of reading. I also grew up with a learning disability, and I think that all the time spent learning how to focus on the correct things could have potentially helped me in this situation. All in all, I think that people do what they want to do, and they let things like computers and the internet run their thought process and mind. With that said, I feel like this article also has a lesson to teach people. Don't let technology change you, recognize the internet for what it is and what it can do, but don't let it steal away from you skills you took so many years to learn.