Brent Stensrude

I can't say I have ever watched even a single scene from Sex and the city, but I have heard of it over time when people talk about it or reference it. From this article it sounds like a goldmine of things to analyze concerning gender, race, and beyond. At one point the author makes a point where she says the character of Samantha "Conveniently adopts the color-blind standpoint, Samantha's character avoids appearing racist by erasing the racial dimension of his identity." What if someone genuinely meant they did not focus on skin color? Is that possible do to in our society? But I don't see how that can give her a racial tone, what if samantha would have addressed the fact that he was black up front and said something like." I like that he is black." Then would the author be saying she is racist because she only likes him for his large penis or some other stereotype?